Friday, June 5, 2009

Dead Sea

Vahe, Varant, and I spent my last full day in Jordan down at the Dead Sea. The Dead Sea is the lowest place on the earth. Well below sea level and very hot. The water at the Dead Sea is so salty and dense it keeps you afloat. I was told not to let the water get into your eyes as it stings like acid. Upon entering the water your skin tingles. Apparently if you have any cuts it stings. I can imagine it would. The bottom is rocks and mud. This mud is apparently very good for the skin and people were down at the waters edge covered in black mud and standing in the hot sun baking. It is an unusual experience being so buoyant and floating on top of the water as apposed to floating in the water. It was a wonderful experience.
From Jordan

From Jordan

Once out of the water Varant and I gave the waterslides in the resort a go finishing on Kamikaze. Kamikaze is effectively a slide that is straight down and very fast. We spent a couple of hours here before heading back home. It was a relaxing way to finish the trip and my stay here in Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment