Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wadi Rum Camping in the Desert

After leaving Petra I was driven 200km to Wadi Rum. Wadi Rum is a National Park and again run by the Bedouin. I was camping under a Bedouin tent for the night out in the Desert.
From Jordan

As we approached the area the landscape changed and all these large rocks just came up out of the sand.
From Jordan

Again it was very hot. As the sun went down the temperature did drop but it was not cold. It was very mild. I shared the tent with two American guys who were spending 2 nights here and hiking during the day. I would have loved to stay here another night. It looks fascinating.
From Jordan

From Jordan

After Bedouin dinner of Chicken and rice, I found a moment to look at all the photos I had taken. No power out here so it was a brief look and off to bed early. I needed a rest.
From Jordan

From Jordan

In the morning the sun made the place look different. For me it was breakfast at 7.30am and then taken back to the local village to be picked up by my Taxi driver.
From Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment