Saturday, April 18, 2009

Investigators Input

I have progressed the line of enquiry into Hapets uniform and the single posed photo. Sarkis found the original photo in a relative’s house. The original had two men in the photo. The other man was Mariam Izmirians (Mother of Hapet) Sister’s male child. Hapets cousin. His name sounds like Mikram Askraian. He has two or more sons himself by the name of Hargop and Shahe and they live in Anjar. Please excuse all the spelling as I am hearing the names with my Australian ears and trying to spell it as the Armenians do. There is no doubt that I have the wrong spelling.

Sarkis took the photo and had 3 copies made taking the cousin out. It cost him one week wage to have this done. Garo, Sarkis and Yessayi got a photo each. This took place around 1960. I need to find the cousins family. This family may hold the information to determine if Hapet was in Musa Dagh in 1915.

Everyone who has contacted me agrees that the single Hapet is younger than the group one. Three to six years is the spread of years. I have also been informed the uniform is that of the French Foreign Legion. Sarkis says Hapet was a member of the Legionnaires. The Legionnaires did had these weapons at that time. I need to know if the cousin was in the French Foreign Legion and if so what years? I would love to see the original photo. I hope the cousin is in French Foreign Legionnaires uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment