Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rabbit Man

Now look at this photo. What do you think is going on here? They got me. I was intrigued.
From Izmir

I approached these two guys and asked what was this all about. I should have known things were not on the up and up when the man on the right takes over. He could speak broken English. Got any idea?
He grabs the big rabbit on top and the board from the bottom and say English English. He pulls the lettice off the Rabbit and holds the board containing folded up paper under the rabbits mouth. The rabbit then pulls a peice of paper out of the board. The man on the right picks it up and hands it to me. How much is this going to cost me I ask? 5 TL. This is about $5 Australian Dollars. Ok Im in for $5. I am thinking it is some sort of lotto. I am either going to win something or lose $5. Wrong. I only have a $20 TL note. So off goes the man on the right to get change with my 20 TL and I open my peice of paper. It is like a fortune cookie. The man to my amazement returns with my change. He hands me a 5 TL note. I look at him with my I'm not amused look and he pulls out another 5 TL. I look at him again and he smirks at me and indicates he has no more money and his english seems to have left him also. I laugh and consider he needs the additional 5 TL more than I do. 10 TL for a story, a photo and a fortune phrase. Got to love a unique scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment