Thursday, April 30, 2009

Odds and Ends

I found out today that my hotel is in the Old Armenian quarter of the city.
From Izmir
I returned to the Museum and spent some time with the wonderful people there. We spent more time talking about cultures and customs of our respective countries than anything else. We did not stop laughing. I was invited to come back at anytime. That was nice.
From Izmir

I am catching up with the author of the email of the previous post tomorrow. I hope there is something interesting coming from that discussion.
Seda (Cafe owner) has assisted me today, from booking an airfare to Adana later this week, working thru the pros and cons of buying a car/ renting a car with one of her customers, a travel agent to a guided tour of "the other side" of the harbour by ferry whist she picked up her children from the Nanny.
From Izmir

It is so much easier having a local person show you and explain what is what. I have received very warm hospitality from all the people here in Izmir. I would not hesitate to return here again ,it has been great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment