Friday, May 8, 2009

Avenues of Enquiries

Today has been an amazing day of coincidences. The language barrier has meant I have had to get people who speak English to speak with people I need something from. Without boring you with the details I get all four people together in a restaurant and all four know one another and they had been speaking to one another about my enquiries without realising I was the common link. We all fell about laughing. I am going to go up into the villages again on Sunday with Gem a relative of Hasmig and Jean to look for the properties of Lucy and Sam.
From Musa Dagh

Today Michel and Ismail took me to St. Simons Monastery high in the mountains. It is just amazing getting to these places. Winding skinny tracks. I could take 1000 photos a day with all the interesting things to look at. Ismail is the local Journalist and Michel has a farm, but speaks English.
From Musa Dagh

From Musa Dagh

I dropped back into my chemist friend where the whole circus began and a Dr. was there treating customers. I am introduced. The Dr speaks a little English. My chemist friend explains our enquiries about climbing Musa Dagh. He almost drops his blood pressure machine and looks at me. It is you who is going. They want me to come too. Oh well the secret is obviously out. I have been able to put together a possie to take me to the top of Musa Dagh tomorrow morning at 7.00am. I was not leaving Musa Dagh until I achieved this feat. We won’t be back for 10 hours. One of the Possie is a Doctor from the hospital. The chemist shop bursts into celebration and the Dr wants to go for supper tonight.
From Musa Dagh

No comments:

Post a Comment