Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Haifa

I have arrived in Haifa today to catch up with Areen and her two girls. I have arranged my accommodation at a private home. These people are new at letting visitors stay with them. It is like staying at your mums. The lady has got all my washing and always wants to know if I want something. I have to eat. She makes food for the local restaurants in her kitchen and delivers it to them. She is proud of her cooking and has her friend Janet comes over to help. I am the official sampler even if I don’t want to be. Fig and Dates in pastry. Jam filled biscuits, and other sweets.
From Israel

From Israel

From Israel

Haifa has the main temple for the Bahia religion. It is an Iranian Christian religion. The main temple is here in Haifa because their founder died here. It causes the faithful all sorts of trouble. Iranians coming to Israel. This week is the main celebration of their religion and all the accommodation is taken. The temple is very spectacular and visible from all angles around the city.
From Israel

From Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment