Saturday, May 2, 2009

Izmir to Kozan (Sis)

Up at 3.30am to grab a flight to Adana and then a bus to Kozan. This is the town Garobet was sent to with his family to "LOOK AFER" the church/school/convent. It is also the town he was either killed in or on his way back to Musa Dagh from. I hope to find this property and photograph it. I found a little Hotel on the side of a mountian. Within minutes I met a neighbour of the hotel and thru a 3rd person we seemed to hit it off.
He wants to look after me and show me aroumd. He took me to the ruins of an Armenian Church right behind the place I am staying. Kozan is nothing like the cities I have come from. The towns are now starting to look like upper class third world. Tomorrow I am off to see many Armenian churches/Schools/ and convents with my new Turkish friend who speak no English apart from, Turkish James Bond and Beer is good. No wonder we get on well.
From Sis

No comments:

Post a Comment