Monday, May 18, 2009

Lebanonese Tourist

Haig and Nellie took me on a tourist ride today to Baalbeck Ruins. Haig made sure I had my passport as there are many checkpoints on the road to Baalbeck. We did not get pulled up but had to slow to walking pace to pass them as the soldiers looked in.
From Lebanon

From Lebanon

Here are some locals on the side of the road. They are very well behaved and are not worried about the traffic. They are being herded along by Bedouins.
From Lebanon

Bedouins live in makeshift camps on the side of the roads. They move every six months. Some tents have internet and Satellite TV. All the Mode Cons a Bedouin would need.
From Lebanon

Motor bike helmets are not required all throughout the Middle East. They just wrap the head with ther towels and away they go with up to 4 people per bike.
From Lebanon

We got to Baalback and it was amazing. If you have been following this blog for long you will probably think all I do is photograph ruins. When you see these things up close and imagine someone making this 2000 years ago it is just amazing.
From Lebanon

From Lebanon

Tomorrow I am going back to Beirut to be taken downtown by Bedig. Bedig is insistent he is going to take me to the airport also as I am flying out to Jordan the following morning. The hospitality from everyone has been overwhelming.
From Lebanon

Haig and Nellie were amazed that I knew how to play Backgammon. It was a spirited game and it would probably be improper to mention who won. ME ME ME. Sorry.
From Lebanon

No comments:

Post a Comment