Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kozan to Adana to Iskenderun

Said my Goodbyes from Kozan and caught the bus back to the coast at Adana. I think everyone enjoyed each others company during my short stay here. I certainly enjoyed the company of all these people, from Turkish James Bond, his wife, the Chef, Ipe and staff. I would love to return probably to see the people more than the place.
From Sis

Once in Adana I caught up with Leon, an Armenian who lives in Turkey. He was a contact given to me by Hasmig and Jean before I left. He was very generous with his time and I appreciate it. He was most interested in my photos and explained what was what as he has a strong interest in the history of the region. He would like to use some of them for a publication he prints.
From Turkey

The discussion I had was very informative and balanced. I feel confident Garobed and his family were killed on or about the 14th of April 1909 and their bodies buried here in Adana or the surrounding area in a mass grave. It is the 100 year anniversary of this event this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment