Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kozan & Surrounds

Today Turkish James Bond took me around the District in a car he borrowed from a friend.
From Sis

I have had a very funny day with people in and out of the car from the minute we picked it. I have had Turkish music, dancing in the car, picking up hitchhikers stopping for Kabab and general frivolity for the entire day and 200 plus Kms
With the wheels we picked up his two brothers and off we go. We went where only goats go to find the ruins of a church and community that lived there. These guys are showing me sites that tourist dont go. I am not sure what I saw today as no one was able to talk English. Tomorrow I will go to Adana and speak to an English speaking Armenian from the region. I hope to show him the pictures and have the region explained to me. I know I have been to some significant sights so I will post the pictures and explain them soon.
From Sis

From Sis

From Sis

The last two photos were high in the mountains just below the snow line. In Winter it does snow in this place. I am very confident I found the property Garobet was sent to within the first two hours of being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment