Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ophilia

I arrived in Nazareth and could not see Ophilia for a couple of hours as she was working. I took a tour of the city and the Surrounding area with an Israelii who spent 15 years in Canada. We went to most of the significant sites here in Nazareth. Church of the Annunciation, Sermon on the Mount, Sea of Galilee, Mary’s Well, Sites of Water into Wine, and the Bread and Fish.
From Israel

From Israel

From Israel

Once this was finished it was time to meet Ophilia and Habib. Habib picked me up and I was taken back to their apartment. It is in a very nice part of the city and has a very big balcony with great views of the surrounding area.
From Israel

Ophilia and Habib were wonderful hosts and told me many times my stay was too short. I agree. Ophelia’s daughter Areej her husband Ihab and their two children Emir and Aline came over for dinner. I had a great discussion with Ihab who is thinking of leaving Israel and finding somewhere else to live. They MAY come to Australia for a visit to see if it will suit them, otherwise it could be the USA or Canada.
From Israel

After dinner the kids needed to go home to sleep and I sat down with Ophilia and heard her story. She thinks I am too much like a detective. We pulled apart the years from her father’s birth to him leaving for the USA. Ophilia told me, Anania told her, ‘Hapet was teaching Anania how to use a gun on the mountain.’ I asked her many times this question and she was very firm Anania told her this. William had told me this earlier but there was some doubt as Anania also said he was shot twice on the Mountain. Ophilia told me Anania was shot once in the leg whilst on the mountain.
From Israel

I stayed the night a Ophilias and had breakfast on the large balcony before they drove me to the Border.

No comments:

Post a Comment