Sunday, May 17, 2009

Haig Deputized

Haig and I have been on the war path chasing down all the Anjar leads plus photographing all the places Sarkis and Lucy lived for my own interest. The house in Anjar of Sarkis and Lucy.
From Lebanon

Haig reluctantly took me to the cemetery where Yeghsapt Izmirian is buried. You will notice there are two graves. The cemetery Hapet was buried is in Beirut and the whereabouts is unknown as nobody marked the grave. Haig has taken rocks and dirt from that cemetery and made a tomb for Hapet beside his wife. Haig was getting goose bumps when we were there.
From Lebanon

After going to the Anjar Ruins and speaking to a guide there we ended up with this man. He is a local historian (amateur)and wants to write a book of the Armenians from Musa Dagh. I got instant respect when I showed him he photos of having been there.
From Lebanon

I will be seeing him next week. He may have access to a list of people who were taken from the Mountain by the French. This will determine once and for all if Hapet was on the Mountain during the last days. Haig and I were able to speak to the family who gave the photo of Hapet to Sarkis. You may recall there were two men in this photo but Sarkis took one out. It has been confirmed 100% the other man in the photo was definately on the Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment