Monday, May 4, 2009

Delayed in Kozan

I planned leaving Kozan (Sis) after finding the library and having some photos scanned as no one has a scanner. I find the library but it is closed Mondays according to the ladies in the next building. They invite me in for coffee. They operate a school for women to teach them home duties and make them better wives.
From Sis

I found an internet cafe, scanned my photos and went back to the Hotel. Upon arrival Turkish James Bond is a bit agitated waiting for me. Somehow I determined a person was coming to the hotel to see me. He arrives minutes later and in broken English tells me we have to go to see someone important. This man who arrived is the History teacher. After a short ride in the car we come to the local Hospital, we make our way thru the hospital patients past consulting rooms and administration staff and I enter a room resembling a consulting room. In perfect English this man introduces himself. "I heard you were here and I asked them to bring you here" he says. With that he tells the other two to go and leave me with the good Doctor for the day.
From Sis

From Sis

The good Doctor is the Head of Medicine and Surgery with a passion for local History. He is 80 years old and the day disappeared in no time. I will write more about our conversations later. We went for lunch together and at 5 pm I left the hospital and made my way back to the hotel. Two hours later the Doctor and History teacher turn up at the Hotel and want to go out for Dinner. So off we go again.
From Sis

No comments:

Post a Comment